Jun 19, 2012, 7:45 PM EDT
A bit of good news here for the struggling ‘Stros.
According to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com, recovering right-hander Bud Norris is scheduled to make a minor league rehab start Saturday night at Triple-A Oklahoma City and could return to the big leagues late next week if the outing goes smoothly.
Norris has been out since June 13 with a sprained left knee. He had a 4.81 ERA, 1.43 WHIP and 81/28 K/BB ratio in 73 innings before suffering the injury.
Houston entered play Tuesday with a 28-39 record, which stands fifth place in the six-team NL Central.
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 0
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 31
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 53
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 96
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)