Jun 19, 2012, 7:45 PM EDT
A bit of good news here for the struggling ‘Stros.
According to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com, recovering right-hander Bud Norris is scheduled to make a minor league rehab start Saturday night at Triple-A Oklahoma City and could return to the big leagues late next week if the outing goes smoothly.
Norris has been out since June 13 with a sprained left knee. He had a 4.81 ERA, 1.43 WHIP and 81/28 K/BB ratio in 73 innings before suffering the injury.
Houston entered play Tuesday with a 28-39 record, which stands fifth place in the six-team NL Central.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 2
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 61
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process (78)