Jun 19, 2012, 7:45 PM EDT
A bit of good news here for the struggling ‘Stros.
According to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com, recovering right-hander Bud Norris is scheduled to make a minor league rehab start Saturday night at Triple-A Oklahoma City and could return to the big leagues late next week if the outing goes smoothly.
Norris has been out since June 13 with a sprained left knee. He had a 4.81 ERA, 1.43 WHIP and 81/28 K/BB ratio in 73 innings before suffering the injury.
Houston entered play Tuesday with a 28-39 record, which stands fifth place in the six-team NL Central.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly right knee injury 4
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 12
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 23
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (126)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)