Jun 19, 2012, 9:41 PM EDT
Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez hasn’t played in a game since Saturday due to a strained right knee and is not in the starting lineup on Tuesday night in Philadelphia. But he’s getting really close.
According to beat writer Troy Renck of the Denver Post, Gonzalez has begun to experience significant improvement in his knee and is confident that he will be able to return to action on Wednesday night.
“I will be in there tomorrow,” the 26-year-old told Renck. “They just want me to rest it one more day.”
CarGo is hitting .335/.394/.629 with 17 homers and 51 RBI in 60 games this year. He also has nine steals.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)