Jun 19, 2012, 9:41 PM EDT
Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez hasn’t played in a game since Saturday due to a strained right knee and is not in the starting lineup on Tuesday night in Philadelphia. But he’s getting really close.
According to beat writer Troy Renck of the Denver Post, Gonzalez has begun to experience significant improvement in his knee and is confident that he will be able to return to action on Wednesday night.
“I will be in there tomorrow,” the 26-year-old told Renck. “They just want me to rest it one more day.”
CarGo is hitting .335/.394/.629 with 17 homers and 51 RBI in 60 games this year. He also has nine steals.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)