Jun 19, 2012, 9:41 PM EST
Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez hasn’t played in a game since Saturday due to a strained right knee and is not in the starting lineup on Tuesday night in Philadelphia. But he’s getting really close.
According to beat writer Troy Renck of the Denver Post, Gonzalez has begun to experience significant improvement in his knee and is confident that he will be able to return to action on Wednesday night.
“I will be in there tomorrow,” the 26-year-old told Renck. “They just want me to rest it one more day.”
CarGo is hitting .335/.394/.629 with 17 homers and 51 RBI in 60 games this year. He also has nine steals.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)