Jun 19, 2012, 9:41 PM EDT
Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez hasn’t played in a game since Saturday due to a strained right knee and is not in the starting lineup on Tuesday night in Philadelphia. But he’s getting really close.
According to beat writer Troy Renck of the Denver Post, Gonzalez has begun to experience significant improvement in his knee and is confident that he will be able to return to action on Wednesday night.
“I will be in there tomorrow,” the 26-year-old told Renck. “They just want me to rest it one more day.”
CarGo is hitting .335/.394/.629 with 17 homers and 51 RBI in 60 games this year. He also has nine steals.
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 6
- Cliff Lee exits start with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 11
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 133
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)