Jun 19, 2012, 9:41 PM EDT
Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez hasn’t played in a game since Saturday due to a strained right knee and is not in the starting lineup on Tuesday night in Philadelphia. But he’s getting really close.
According to beat writer Troy Renck of the Denver Post, Gonzalez has begun to experience significant improvement in his knee and is confident that he will be able to return to action on Wednesday night.
“I will be in there tomorrow,” the 26-year-old told Renck. “They just want me to rest it one more day.”
CarGo is hitting .335/.394/.629 with 17 homers and 51 RBI in 60 games this year. He also has nine steals.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)