Jun 19, 2012, 11:19 AM EST
Not surprisingly last night’s rematch series between the Reds and Indians drew a ton of media coverage from reporters looking to delve back into the feud, but both Baker and Lowe took the high road by declining to comment.
And then Baker’s hitters smacked Lowe around for seven runs on 11 hits, causing his ERA to balloon to 4.30 after being 2.15 as recently as May 25. Last week’s back-and-forth all started because Lowe believes Baker instructs pitchers to plunk him, but last night’s game featured no incidents. Well, except for Reds starter Mat Latos accusing the Indians of stealing his signs.
So much drama!
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)