Jun 19, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
As if Brien Taylor’s story wasn’t sad enough when injuries from a bar fight turned him from elite pitching prospect to bust, the former Yankees No. 1 overall pick has been indicted on three counts of distributing crack cocaine.
Taylor is now 40 years old and the Associated Press reports that he was indicted in North Carolina following a March arrest for allegedly “selling large quantities of cocaine and crack cocaine to an undercover narcotics agent over a span of several months.”
He’s two decades removed from getting a $1.55 million signing bonus and Taylor ranked No. 1 and No. 2 on Baseball America‘s annual prospect list in 1992 and 1993. He never pitched in the majors and in fact never even made it to Triple-A.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11