Jun 19, 2012, 9:47 AM EDT
Jerome Williams struggled Monday night versus the Giants, failing to make it out of the fourth inning against his former team, and afterward the veteran right-hander had to be hospitalized for shortness of breath.
For now the Angels are saying the hospitalization was a precautionary measure, but Williams remained there overnight and is expected to undergo further testing to determine the problem.
Williams threw 75 pitches, allowing four runs on seven hits and three walks in 3.1 innings, and Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com reports that he “started feeling dizzy when returning to the Angels clubhouse.”
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 8
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36