Jun 19, 2012, 9:47 AM EDT
Jerome Williams struggled Monday night versus the Giants, failing to make it out of the fourth inning against his former team, and afterward the veteran right-hander had to be hospitalized for shortness of breath.
For now the Angels are saying the hospitalization was a precautionary measure, but Williams remained there overnight and is expected to undergo further testing to determine the problem.
Williams threw 75 pitches, allowing four runs on seven hits and three walks in 3.1 innings, and Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com reports that he “started feeling dizzy when returning to the Angels clubhouse.”
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)