Jun 19, 2012, 9:47 AM EDT
Jerome Williams struggled Monday night versus the Giants, failing to make it out of the fourth inning against his former team, and afterward the veteran right-hander had to be hospitalized for shortness of breath.
For now the Angels are saying the hospitalization was a precautionary measure, but Williams remained there overnight and is expected to undergo further testing to determine the problem.
Williams threw 75 pitches, allowing four runs on seven hits and three walks in 3.1 innings, and Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com reports that he “started feeling dizzy when returning to the Angels clubhouse.”
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy