Jun 19, 2012, 9:47 AM EST
Jerome Williams struggled Monday night versus the Giants, failing to make it out of the fourth inning against his former team, and afterward the veteran right-hander had to be hospitalized for shortness of breath.
For now the Angels are saying the hospitalization was a precautionary measure, but Williams remained there overnight and is expected to undergo further testing to determine the problem.
Williams threw 75 pitches, allowing four runs on seven hits and three walks in 3.1 innings, and Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com reports that he “started feeling dizzy when returning to the Angels clubhouse.”
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 18
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 141
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (151)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (99)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)