Jun 19, 2012, 11:07 PM EDT
Santana got the Mets two-thirds of the way there tonight in the 5-0 win over the Orioles, following up Dickey’s one-hitter on Monday with six scoreless innings. Bobby Parnell, Miguel Batista and Jon Rauch combined to finish the shutout from there.
The Mets are first in the NL with eight shutouts, putting them one behind the Angels for the major league lead. No other team has more than six.
For Santana, it was his first good start since his no-hitter 18 days ago. He had allowed 10 runs in 10 innings since. The Orioles kept hitting flyballs against him tonight, but only Matt Wieters, with two doubles, did any damage. Santana allowed four hits, walked two and struck out five while throwing 101 pitches.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45