Jun 19, 2012, 12:16 PM EST
Scott Powers of ESPN Chicago reports that Danks has been diagnosed with a torn subscapularis muscle in his left shoulder.
The good news is that the team says surgery won’t be required. The bad news is that there’s no longer a timetable for his return after Danks felt good enough to make a minor-league rehab start just seven days ago.
Danks told Powers that the word “tear” exaggerates the seriousness of the injury, saying: “I don’t think it’s anything super major.” However, he hasn’t pitched in the majors since May 19 and seems unlikely to return before the All-Star break, which certainly qualifies as a major concern for the White Sox just months after signing Danks to a five-year, $65 million contract extension.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 26
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 29
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)