Jun 19, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Scott Powers of ESPN Chicago reports that Danks has been diagnosed with a torn subscapularis muscle in his left shoulder.
The good news is that the team says surgery won’t be required. The bad news is that there’s no longer a timetable for his return after Danks felt good enough to make a minor-league rehab start just seven days ago.
Danks told Powers that the word “tear” exaggerates the seriousness of the injury, saying: “I don’t think it’s anything super major.” However, he hasn’t pitched in the majors since May 19 and seems unlikely to return before the All-Star break, which certainly qualifies as a major concern for the White Sox just months after signing Danks to a five-year, $65 million contract extension.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 45
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)