Jun 19, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Scott Powers of ESPN Chicago reports that Danks has been diagnosed with a torn subscapularis muscle in his left shoulder.
The good news is that the team says surgery won’t be required. The bad news is that there’s no longer a timetable for his return after Danks felt good enough to make a minor-league rehab start just seven days ago.
Danks told Powers that the word “tear” exaggerates the seriousness of the injury, saying: “I don’t think it’s anything super major.” However, he hasn’t pitched in the majors since May 19 and seems unlikely to return before the All-Star break, which certainly qualifies as a major concern for the White Sox just months after signing Danks to a five-year, $65 million contract extension.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 36
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 51
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11