Jun 19, 2012, 6:16 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton was able to come off the bench and serve as a defensive replacement in Monday’s win over the Padres. Now he’s back in center field for Tuesday’s game after missing four starts due to an intestinal virus.
Hamilton was hospitalized Friday because of the illness and then released Saturday after receiving IV fluids. He said he lost 10-15 pounds.
Hamilton, one of the early favorites for AL MVP honors this year, is hitting .330/.390/.674 with 22 homers and 62 RBI in 61 games. However, just one of those homers has come in the month of June.
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. 74
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)