Jun 19, 2012, 6:16 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton was able to come off the bench and serve as a defensive replacement in Monday’s win over the Padres. Now he’s back in center field for Tuesday’s game after missing four starts due to an intestinal virus.
Hamilton was hospitalized Friday because of the illness and then released Saturday after receiving IV fluids. He said he lost 10-15 pounds.
Hamilton, one of the early favorites for AL MVP honors this year, is hitting .330/.390/.674 with 22 homers and 62 RBI in 61 games. However, just one of those homers has come in the month of June.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 31
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 21
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)