Jun 19, 2012, 6:16 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton was able to come off the bench and serve as a defensive replacement in Monday’s win over the Padres. Now he’s back in center field for Tuesday’s game after missing four starts due to an intestinal virus.
Hamilton was hospitalized Friday because of the illness and then released Saturday after receiving IV fluids. He said he lost 10-15 pounds.
Hamilton, one of the early favorites for AL MVP honors this year, is hitting .330/.390/.674 with 22 homers and 62 RBI in 61 games. However, just one of those homers has come in the month of June.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)