Jun 19, 2012, 6:16 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton was able to come off the bench and serve as a defensive replacement in Monday’s win over the Padres. Now he’s back in center field for Tuesday’s game after missing four starts due to an intestinal virus.
Hamilton was hospitalized Friday because of the illness and then released Saturday after receiving IV fluids. He said he lost 10-15 pounds.
Hamilton, one of the early favorites for AL MVP honors this year, is hitting .330/.390/.674 with 22 homers and 62 RBI in 61 games. However, just one of those homers has come in the month of June.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)