Jun 19, 2012, 7:08 PM EDT
But it’s apparently not a major concern.
According to Hall of Famer Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Holliday is serving as the Cardinals’ designated hitter for Tuesday night’s series-opener against the Tigers in Detroit.
Holliday, 32, is hitting .282/.365/.484 with 12 home runs and 41 RBI in 282 plate appearances this year.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Serena Williams sorry after rape case comments