Jun 19, 2012, 7:08 PM EDT
But it’s apparently not a major concern.
According to Hall of Famer Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Holliday is serving as the Cardinals’ designated hitter for Tuesday night’s series-opener against the Tigers in Detroit.
Holliday, 32, is hitting .282/.365/.484 with 12 home runs and 41 RBI in 282 plate appearances this year.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)