Jun 19, 2012, 7:08 PM EDT
But it’s apparently not a major concern.
According to Hall of Famer Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Holliday is serving as the Cardinals’ designated hitter for Tuesday night’s series-opener against the Tigers in Detroit.
Holliday, 32, is hitting .282/.365/.484 with 12 home runs and 41 RBI in 282 plate appearances this year.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 14
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 17
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8