Jun 19, 2012, 7:08 PM EST
But it’s apparently not a major concern.
According to Hall of Famer Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Holliday is serving as the Cardinals’ designated hitter for Tuesday night’s series-opener against the Tigers in Detroit.
Holliday, 32, is hitting .282/.365/.484 with 12 home runs and 41 RBI in 282 plate appearances this year.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)