Jun 19, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Two months ago Nolan Reimold was expected to miss 2-3 days with a bulging disk in his back, but the Orioles outfielder hasn’t played since and the team announced yesterday that he won’t play again until after the All-Star break.
And according to Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com “manager Buck Showalter hinted at worse news” as the Orioles wait to hear back from a cervical specialist who examined Reimold over the weekend.
Ghiroli reports that a recent MRI exam showed what is now deemed a herniated disk had diminished in size, but Reimold continues to feel pain and tingling.
Injuries derailed Reimold’s career several times before this season, but the 28-year-old former top prospect was hitting .313 with five homers and a .960 OPS in 16 games before being shut down.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)