Jun 19, 2012, 8:39 PM EDT
The 26-year-old right-hander claimed a spot in the Philadelphia bullpen this spring by fanning 14 batters in 16 1/3 Grapefruit League innings but strained his flexor pronator muscle at the end of April and hasn’t been off the disabled list since. He can now be ruled out through the first few months of the 2013 season.
Herndon registered a solid 3.32 ERA in 57 innings of relief last season. He owns a 3.85 career ERA.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 19
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 20
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 65
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)