Jun 19, 2012, 5:06 PM EDT
Rangers play-by-play announcer Dave Barnett completely lost it for a few seconds during last night’s game against the Padres and will be evaluated in the coming days.
The Rangers have announced that Steve Busby, who does Rangers PBP on the radio, will fill in for Barnett for at least the final two games of the series against San Diego.
In the eighth inning Monday, Barnett said that “the go-ahead run is at fifth on what [Mike] Adams is insisting on calling it a botched robbery. What actually happened was his henchman took piece literally out of.”
Barnett’s mic was cut off at that point, only to get turned back on 20 seconds later with everything perfectly back to normal. The belief is that a migraine was responsible for the incident.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 52
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 11
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 46
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)