Jun 19, 2012, 5:06 PM EST
Rangers play-by-play announcer Dave Barnett completely lost it for a few seconds during last night’s game against the Padres and will be evaluated in the coming days.
The Rangers have announced that Steve Busby, who does Rangers PBP on the radio, will fill in for Barnett for at least the final two games of the series against San Diego.
In the eighth inning Monday, Barnett said that “the go-ahead run is at fifth on what [Mike] Adams is insisting on calling it a botched robbery. What actually happened was his henchman took piece literally out of.”
Barnett’s mic was cut off at that point, only to get turned back on 20 seconds later with everything perfectly back to normal. The belief is that a migraine was responsible for the incident.
- Hunter Pence hit in hand by pitch, headed for X-rays 1
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 7
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 136
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (371)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (135)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (88)