Jun 19, 2012, 5:06 PM EDT
Rangers play-by-play announcer Dave Barnett completely lost it for a few seconds during last night’s game against the Padres and will be evaluated in the coming days.
The Rangers have announced that Steve Busby, who does Rangers PBP on the radio, will fill in for Barnett for at least the final two games of the series against San Diego.
In the eighth inning Monday, Barnett said that “the go-ahead run is at fifth on what [Mike] Adams is insisting on calling it a botched robbery. What actually happened was his henchman took piece literally out of.”
Barnett’s mic was cut off at that point, only to get turned back on 20 seconds later with everything perfectly back to normal. The belief is that a migraine was responsible for the incident.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 76
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)