Jun 19, 2012, 5:06 PM EST
Rangers play-by-play announcer Dave Barnett completely lost it for a few seconds during last night’s game against the Padres and will be evaluated in the coming days.
The Rangers have announced that Steve Busby, who does Rangers PBP on the radio, will fill in for Barnett for at least the final two games of the series against San Diego.
In the eighth inning Monday, Barnett said that “the go-ahead run is at fifth on what [Mike] Adams is insisting on calling it a botched robbery. What actually happened was his henchman took piece literally out of.”
Barnett’s mic was cut off at that point, only to get turned back on 20 seconds later with everything perfectly back to normal. The belief is that a migraine was responsible for the incident.
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 6
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 3
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 27
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)