Jun 19, 2012, 5:06 PM EDT
Rangers play-by-play announcer Dave Barnett completely lost it for a few seconds during last night’s game against the Padres and will be evaluated in the coming days.
The Rangers have announced that Steve Busby, who does Rangers PBP on the radio, will fill in for Barnett for at least the final two games of the series against San Diego.
In the eighth inning Monday, Barnett said that “the go-ahead run is at fifth on what [Mike] Adams is insisting on calling it a botched robbery. What actually happened was his henchman took piece literally out of.”
Barnett’s mic was cut off at that point, only to get turned back on 20 seconds later with everything perfectly back to normal. The belief is that a migraine was responsible for the incident.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 35
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 21
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 22
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 41
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)