Jun 19, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
As expected Cody Ross is back from the disabled list after missing the past month with a fractured left foot, but that doesn’t mean the Red Sox’s outfield is any healthier.
According to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe they made room for Ross on the roster by placing Scott Podsednik on the DL with a groin injury suffered yesterday.
It’s tough timing for Podsednik, who’d resurrected his career by hitting .387 with six steals in 19 games after not playing in the majors at all last season and failing to make the Phillies out of spring training this year.
- Report: Mets “pushing very hard” for Carlos Gomez 2
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 36
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 63
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 47
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)