Jun 19, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
As expected Cody Ross is back from the disabled list after missing the past month with a fractured left foot, but that doesn’t mean the Red Sox’s outfield is any healthier.
According to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe they made room for Ross on the roster by placing Scott Podsednik on the DL with a groin injury suffered yesterday.
It’s tough timing for Podsednik, who’d resurrected his career by hitting .387 with six steals in 19 games after not playing in the majors at all last season and failing to make the Phillies out of spring training this year.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)