Jun 19, 2012, 3:45 PM EST
As expected Cody Ross is back from the disabled list after missing the past month with a fractured left foot, but that doesn’t mean the Red Sox’s outfield is any healthier.
According to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe they made room for Ross on the roster by placing Scott Podsednik on the DL with a groin injury suffered yesterday.
It’s tough timing for Podsednik, who’d resurrected his career by hitting .387 with six steals in 19 games after not playing in the majors at all last season and failing to make the Phillies out of spring training this year.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (361)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (77)