Jun 19, 2012, 3:45 PM EST
As expected Cody Ross is back from the disabled list after missing the past month with a fractured left foot, but that doesn’t mean the Red Sox’s outfield is any healthier.
According to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe they made room for Ross on the roster by placing Scott Podsednik on the DL with a groin injury suffered yesterday.
It’s tough timing for Podsednik, who’d resurrected his career by hitting .387 with six steals in 19 games after not playing in the majors at all last season and failing to make the Phillies out of spring training this year.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 14
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 28
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)