Jun 19, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
As expected Cody Ross is back from the disabled list after missing the past month with a fractured left foot, but that doesn’t mean the Red Sox’s outfield is any healthier.
According to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe they made room for Ross on the roster by placing Scott Podsednik on the DL with a groin injury suffered yesterday.
It’s tough timing for Podsednik, who’d resurrected his career by hitting .387 with six steals in 19 games after not playing in the majors at all last season and failing to make the Phillies out of spring training this year.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 24
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 20
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 107
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (108)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)