Jun 19, 2012, 3:13 PM EDT
The Tigers announced this afternoon that Octavio Dotel was activated from the disabled list. Thad Weber was optioned back to Triple-A Toledo in a corresponding roster move.
Dotel was placed on the disabled list on June 3 due to right elbow inflammation, so he managed to rejoin the Tigers’ bullpen as soon as he was eligible.
After pitching for the Blue Jays and Cardinals last season, Dotel joined the Tigers in December on a one-year, $3.5 million contract with a club option for 2013. The 38-year-old right-hander has a 4.42 ERA and 27/6 K/BB ratio over 18 1/3 innings this season while setting up for closer Jose Valverde.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 0
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 28
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 105
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (106)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (82)