Jun 19, 2012, 3:13 PM EDT
The Tigers announced this afternoon that Octavio Dotel was activated from the disabled list. Thad Weber was optioned back to Triple-A Toledo in a corresponding roster move.
Dotel was placed on the disabled list on June 3 due to right elbow inflammation, so he managed to rejoin the Tigers’ bullpen as soon as he was eligible.
After pitching for the Blue Jays and Cardinals last season, Dotel joined the Tigers in December on a one-year, $3.5 million contract with a club option for 2013. The 38-year-old right-hander has a 4.42 ERA and 27/6 K/BB ratio over 18 1/3 innings this season while setting up for closer Jose Valverde.
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 0
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 10
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 140
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (140)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)