Jun 19, 2012, 3:13 PM EST
The Tigers announced this afternoon that Octavio Dotel was activated from the disabled list. Thad Weber was optioned back to Triple-A Toledo in a corresponding roster move.
Dotel was placed on the disabled list on June 3 due to right elbow inflammation, so he managed to rejoin the Tigers’ bullpen as soon as he was eligible.
After pitching for the Blue Jays and Cardinals last season, Dotel joined the Tigers in December on a one-year, $3.5 million contract with a club option for 2013. The 38-year-old right-hander has a 4.42 ERA and 27/6 K/BB ratio over 18 1/3 innings this season while setting up for closer Jose Valverde.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 12
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 40
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15