Jun 19, 2012, 3:13 PM EDT
The Tigers announced this afternoon that Octavio Dotel was activated from the disabled list. Thad Weber was optioned back to Triple-A Toledo in a corresponding roster move.
Dotel was placed on the disabled list on June 3 due to right elbow inflammation, so he managed to rejoin the Tigers’ bullpen as soon as he was eligible.
After pitching for the Blue Jays and Cardinals last season, Dotel joined the Tigers in December on a one-year, $3.5 million contract with a club option for 2013. The 38-year-old right-hander has a 4.42 ERA and 27/6 K/BB ratio over 18 1/3 innings this season while setting up for closer Jose Valverde.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 3
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 75
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)