Jun 19, 2012, 3:13 PM EDT
The Tigers announced this afternoon that Octavio Dotel was activated from the disabled list. Thad Weber was optioned back to Triple-A Toledo in a corresponding roster move.
Dotel was placed on the disabled list on June 3 due to right elbow inflammation, so he managed to rejoin the Tigers’ bullpen as soon as he was eligible.
After pitching for the Blue Jays and Cardinals last season, Dotel joined the Tigers in December on a one-year, $3.5 million contract with a club option for 2013. The 38-year-old right-hander has a 4.42 ERA and 27/6 K/BB ratio over 18 1/3 innings this season while setting up for closer Jose Valverde.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)