Jun 20, 2012, 9:23 PM EDT
Angels starter Jerome Williams spent a night in the hospital after collapsing in the Angels’ clubhouse Monday following a rough three-inning outing against the Giants. He was released Tuesday evening and was doing fine on Wednesday, but the Halos have placed him on the 15-day disabled list to be safe.
Williams uses an inhaler to ease the side effects of his asthma. He has never been treated for anxiety.
The 30-year-old will leave behind a 4.46 ERA and 1.38 WHIP. He’s fanned 56 batters in 82 2/3 innings.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 13
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 93
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (95)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)