Jun 20, 2012, 9:23 PM EDT
Angels starter Jerome Williams spent a night in the hospital after collapsing in the Angels’ clubhouse Monday following a rough three-inning outing against the Giants. He was released Tuesday evening and was doing fine on Wednesday, but the Halos have placed him on the 15-day disabled list to be safe.
Williams uses an inhaler to ease the side effects of his asthma. He has never been treated for anxiety.
The 30-year-old will leave behind a 4.46 ERA and 1.38 WHIP. He’s fanned 56 batters in 82 2/3 innings.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)