Jun 20, 2012, 9:23 PM EDT
Angels starter Jerome Williams spent a night in the hospital after collapsing in the Angels’ clubhouse Monday following a rough three-inning outing against the Giants. He was released Tuesday evening and was doing fine on Wednesday, but the Halos have placed him on the 15-day disabled list to be safe.
Williams uses an inhaler to ease the side effects of his asthma. He has never been treated for anxiety.
The 30-year-old will leave behind a 4.46 ERA and 1.38 WHIP. He’s fanned 56 batters in 82 2/3 innings.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 24
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 26
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 43
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)