Jun 20, 2012, 9:23 PM EDT
Angels starter Jerome Williams spent a night in the hospital after collapsing in the Angels’ clubhouse Monday following a rough three-inning outing against the Giants. He was released Tuesday evening and was doing fine on Wednesday, but the Halos have placed him on the 15-day disabled list to be safe.
Williams uses an inhaler to ease the side effects of his asthma. He has never been treated for anxiety.
The 30-year-old will leave behind a 4.46 ERA and 1.38 WHIP. He’s fanned 56 batters in 82 2/3 innings.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)