Jun 20, 2012, 9:23 PM EST
Angels starter Jerome Williams spent a night in the hospital after collapsing in the Angels’ clubhouse Monday following a rough three-inning outing against the Giants. He was released Tuesday evening and was doing fine on Wednesday, but the Halos have placed him on the 15-day disabled list to be safe.
Williams uses an inhaler to ease the side effects of his asthma. He has never been treated for anxiety.
The 30-year-old will leave behind a 4.46 ERA and 1.38 WHIP. He’s fanned 56 batters in 82 2/3 innings.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)