Jun 20, 2012, 10:05 AM EST
Bartolo Colon has shown little improvement since leaving Sunday’s start with a strained oblique muscle, causing manager Bob Melvin to say yesterday that the veteran right-hander is “pretty certain” to be placed on the disabled list.
Joe Stiglich of the San Jose Mercury News reports that Colon was examined by a doctor yesterday and no official move will be made until the A’s get the results of an MRI exam back.
Colon is 39 years old and hasn’t started 30 games in a season since way back in 2005, so this is what the A’s were signing up for in giving him a one-year, $2 million deal. And they’ve already gotten good value on the modest investment, as Colon has logged 90 innings with a 4.22 ERA and 55/16 K/BB ratio.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15