Jun 20, 2012, 10:05 AM EDT
Bartolo Colon has shown little improvement since leaving Sunday’s start with a strained oblique muscle, causing manager Bob Melvin to say yesterday that the veteran right-hander is “pretty certain” to be placed on the disabled list.
Joe Stiglich of the San Jose Mercury News reports that Colon was examined by a doctor yesterday and no official move will be made until the A’s get the results of an MRI exam back.
Colon is 39 years old and hasn’t started 30 games in a season since way back in 2005, so this is what the A’s were signing up for in giving him a one-year, $2 million deal. And they’ve already gotten good value on the modest investment, as Colon has logged 90 innings with a 4.22 ERA and 55/16 K/BB ratio.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)