Jun 20, 2012, 10:05 AM EDT
Bartolo Colon has shown little improvement since leaving Sunday’s start with a strained oblique muscle, causing manager Bob Melvin to say yesterday that the veteran right-hander is “pretty certain” to be placed on the disabled list.
Joe Stiglich of the San Jose Mercury News reports that Colon was examined by a doctor yesterday and no official move will be made until the A’s get the results of an MRI exam back.
Colon is 39 years old and hasn’t started 30 games in a season since way back in 2005, so this is what the A’s were signing up for in giving him a one-year, $2 million deal. And they’ve already gotten good value on the modest investment, as Colon has logged 90 innings with a 4.22 ERA and 55/16 K/BB ratio.
- Watch Live: Red Wings at Blackhawks
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- LIVE: Third round of the HP Byron Nelson Championship
- LIVE: Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- LIVE: Action from Hangtown Motocross Classic
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators