Jun 20, 2012, 10:05 AM EST
Bartolo Colon has shown little improvement since leaving Sunday’s start with a strained oblique muscle, causing manager Bob Melvin to say yesterday that the veteran right-hander is “pretty certain” to be placed on the disabled list.
Joe Stiglich of the San Jose Mercury News reports that Colon was examined by a doctor yesterday and no official move will be made until the A’s get the results of an MRI exam back.
Colon is 39 years old and hasn’t started 30 games in a season since way back in 2005, so this is what the A’s were signing up for in giving him a one-year, $2 million deal. And they’ve already gotten good value on the modest investment, as Colon has logged 90 innings with a 4.22 ERA and 55/16 K/BB ratio.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)