Jun 20, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Shaun Marcum was scratched from last night’s start with an elbow injury, but the Brewers right-hander said today that “everybody feels confident the ligament is good to go” and there’s no structural damage.
That could mean Marcum will avoid the disabled list and make his next turn in the rotation, but Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that the Brewers may opt to put him on the DL in order to add an extra pitcher.
Considering Marcum’s history of elbow problems the extra rest probably wouldn’t hurt either way and he spent time on the DL with an injury that “feels similar” back in 2010.
Tyler Thornburg made his big-league debut last night in Marcum’s place, serving up four homers on the way to allowing five runs in 5.1 innings against the Blue Jays.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)