Jun 20, 2012, 1:55 PM EDT
Mitch Moreland exited last night’s game after injuring his hamstring and it sounds like the Rangers expect him to need a disabled list stint.
Jeff Wilson of the Forth Worth Star Telegram reports that he’ll undergo an MRI exam today, so an official move may wait until Thursday.
Moreland has quietly been very productive at the bottom of the AL’s highest-scoring lineup, hitting .272 with 10 homers and an .838 OPS in 55 games to bounce back from a disappointing 2011 and basically duplicate his strong rookie numbers from 2010.
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 12
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 16
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 12
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 58
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 21
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)