Jun 20, 2012, 1:55 PM EDT
Mitch Moreland exited last night’s game after injuring his hamstring and it sounds like the Rangers expect him to need a disabled list stint.
Jeff Wilson of the Forth Worth Star Telegram reports that he’ll undergo an MRI exam today, so an official move may wait until Thursday.
Moreland has quietly been very productive at the bottom of the AL’s highest-scoring lineup, hitting .272 with 10 homers and an .838 OPS in 55 games to bounce back from a disappointing 2011 and basically duplicate his strong rookie numbers from 2010.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17