Jun 20, 2012, 6:56 PM EST
That the Tampa Bay Rays didn’t exist in 1979 isn’t going to stop them from participating in the “Turn Back the Clock” festivities on June 30. They unveiled their retro uniform Wednesday, with Joe Maddon doing the modeling.
The uniform itself certainly has the ’70s aesthetic. Still, it would have been nice if they could have gone with something different than the color scheme the Brewers and Mariners were using at the time. The logo, with the lower case “b” and the yellow wheel in the middle, is strikingly similar to the Brewers’ “b” with a baseball in the middle. I’m giving this a thumbs down.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 41
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)