Jun 20, 2012, 6:56 PM EST
That the Tampa Bay Rays didn’t exist in 1979 isn’t going to stop them from participating in the “Turn Back the Clock” festivities on June 30. They unveiled their retro uniform Wednesday, with Joe Maddon doing the modeling.
The uniform itself certainly has the ’70s aesthetic. Still, it would have been nice if they could have gone with something different than the color scheme the Brewers and Mariners were using at the time. The logo, with the lower case “b” and the yellow wheel in the middle, is strikingly similar to the Brewers’ “b” with a baseball in the middle. I’m giving this a thumbs down.
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 4
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 133
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 42
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 371
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (371)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (135)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (88)