Jun 20, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
That the Tampa Bay Rays didn’t exist in 1979 isn’t going to stop them from participating in the “Turn Back the Clock” festivities on June 30. They unveiled their retro uniform Wednesday, with Joe Maddon doing the modeling.
The uniform itself certainly has the ’70s aesthetic. Still, it would have been nice if they could have gone with something different than the color scheme the Brewers and Mariners were using at the time. The logo, with the lower case “b” and the yellow wheel in the middle, is strikingly similar to the Brewers’ “b” with a baseball in the middle. I’m giving this a thumbs down.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 260
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 14
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 29
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 43
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (261)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)