Jun 20, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
That the Tampa Bay Rays didn’t exist in 1979 isn’t going to stop them from participating in the “Turn Back the Clock” festivities on June 30. They unveiled their retro uniform Wednesday, with Joe Maddon doing the modeling.
The uniform itself certainly has the ’70s aesthetic. Still, it would have been nice if they could have gone with something different than the color scheme the Brewers and Mariners were using at the time. The logo, with the lower case “b” and the yellow wheel in the middle, is strikingly similar to the Brewers’ “b” with a baseball in the middle. I’m giving this a thumbs down.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (87)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)