Jun 20, 2012, 11:16 AM EDT
Troy Tulowitzki was pulled from a minor league rehab game a week ago after having a setback with his left groin injury, but he’s still looking for answers on the reason for his continued discomfort.
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that Tulowitzki has already made a pair of visits this week to sports hernia specialist Dr. Bill Meyers in Philadelphia. He’s scheduled to undergo another MRI today, after which the Rockies will determine a course of action.
“We have a pretty good idea what it is, but we are not going to say anything until we know exactly,” Rockies head athletic trainer Keith Dugger told The Denver Post. “(Wednesday), we see the doctor again and we will go from there.”
It’s all speculation for now, but there are concerns that a hip injury from last season might be contributing to his current groin issue. If it is determined that he is dealing with either a sports hernia or another hip labrum issue and surgery is required, Tulowitzki could miss as much as two months. However, if it’s a groin strain like was initially diagnosed, he could be back within a few weeks.
Tulowitzki was hitting .287/.360/.486 with eight home runs, 27 RBI and an .846 OPS through 47 games prior to the injury. The Rockies are really missing his production at the moment, as they have lost 11 out of 12 games to fall to 25-41 on the year.
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 216
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 44
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (216)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)