Jun 20, 2012, 11:16 AM EST
Troy Tulowitzki was pulled from a minor league rehab game a week ago after having a setback with his left groin injury, but he’s still looking for answers on the reason for his continued discomfort.
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that Tulowitzki has already made a pair of visits this week to sports hernia specialist Dr. Bill Meyers in Philadelphia. He’s scheduled to undergo another MRI today, after which the Rockies will determine a course of action.
“We have a pretty good idea what it is, but we are not going to say anything until we know exactly,” Rockies head athletic trainer Keith Dugger told The Denver Post. “(Wednesday), we see the doctor again and we will go from there.”
It’s all speculation for now, but there are concerns that a hip injury from last season might be contributing to his current groin issue. If it is determined that he is dealing with either a sports hernia or another hip labrum issue and surgery is required, Tulowitzki could miss as much as two months. However, if it’s a groin strain like was initially diagnosed, he could be back within a few weeks.
Tulowitzki was hitting .287/.360/.486 with eight home runs, 27 RBI and an .846 OPS through 47 games prior to the injury. The Rockies are really missing his production at the moment, as they have lost 11 out of 12 games to fall to 25-41 on the year.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)