Jun 20, 2012, 1:38 PM EDT
Because Alex Rodriguez isn’t doing much with it anyway.
Of course, Chipper and Andruw were teammates in Atlanta for 12 years.
Not everyone wants to do the retirement tour, but Chipper has collected plenty of neat memorabilia by going out this way. The Reds also gave him a base. He collected a Stan Musial autographed jersey in St. Louis and a Braves banner that used to fly above Wrigley in his last game in Chicago.
Chipper, who had an RBI double in Tuesday night’s win, didn’t start today’s day game, but he will be available off the bench.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 42
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 36
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 87
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 17
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)