Jun 20, 2012, 1:38 PM EDT
Because Alex Rodriguez isn’t doing much with it anyway.
Of course, Chipper and Andruw were teammates in Atlanta for 12 years.
Not everyone wants to do the retirement tour, but Chipper has collected plenty of neat memorabilia by going out this way. The Reds also gave him a base. He collected a Stan Musial autographed jersey in St. Louis and a Braves banner that used to fly above Wrigley in his last game in Chicago.
Chipper, who had an RBI double in Tuesday night’s win, didn’t start today’s day game, but he will be available off the bench.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 153
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (167)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (134)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)