Jun 20, 2012, 1:38 PM EDT
Because Alex Rodriguez isn’t doing much with it anyway.
Of course, Chipper and Andruw were teammates in Atlanta for 12 years.
Not everyone wants to do the retirement tour, but Chipper has collected plenty of neat memorabilia by going out this way. The Reds also gave him a base. He collected a Stan Musial autographed jersey in St. Louis and a Braves banner that used to fly above Wrigley in his last game in Chicago.
Chipper, who had an RBI double in Tuesday night’s win, didn’t start today’s day game, but he will be available off the bench.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)