Jun 20, 2012, 1:38 PM EDT
Because Alex Rodriguez isn’t doing much with it anyway.
Of course, Chipper and Andruw were teammates in Atlanta for 12 years.
Not everyone wants to do the retirement tour, but Chipper has collected plenty of neat memorabilia by going out this way. The Reds also gave him a base. He collected a Stan Musial autographed jersey in St. Louis and a Braves banner that used to fly above Wrigley in his last game in Chicago.
Chipper, who had an RBI double in Tuesday night’s win, didn’t start today’s day game, but he will be available off the bench.
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 15
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 37
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 47
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 37
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 90
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (101)