Jun 20, 2012, 7:31 PM EDT
Cespedes has played in just one game since June 7 due to a strained hamstring and wasn’t able to make it past the second inning in that affair. He’s serving as the A’s designated hitter on Wednesday, and will attempt to make it through all nine frames.
The 26-year-old Cuban is batting .273/.336/.485 with six home runs, eight doubles, four stolen bases and 26 RBI through the first 146 plate appearances of his major league career. He signed a four-year, $36 million free agent contract back in mid-February.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 10
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 28
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)