Jun 20, 2012, 7:31 PM EDT
Cespedes has played in just one game since June 7 due to a strained hamstring and wasn’t able to make it past the second inning in that affair. He’s serving as the A’s designated hitter on Wednesday, and will attempt to make it through all nine frames.
The 26-year-old Cuban is batting .273/.336/.485 with six home runs, eight doubles, four stolen bases and 26 RBI through the first 146 plate appearances of his major league career. He signed a four-year, $36 million free agent contract back in mid-February.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead