Jun 21, 2012, 5:53 PM EST
With injuries costing them a huge chunk of their pitching depth, the Blue Jays picked up right-hander Sean O’Sullivan from the Royals for cash considerations on Thursday.
O’Sullivan, 24, was 5-4 with a 6.75 ERA and a 26/23 K/BB ratio in 53 1/3 innings for Triple-A Omaha this season. He’s gone 10-14 with a 6.13 ERA in 34 starts and nine relief appearances as a major leaguer.
The Royals picked O’Sullivan up two years ago from the Angels in the Alberto Callaspo deal. At the time, there was still some hope he’d be able to make it as a fourth or fifth starter. No one really believes that any longer, though.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 26
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 29
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)