Jun 21, 2012, 5:53 PM EST
With injuries costing them a huge chunk of their pitching depth, the Blue Jays picked up right-hander Sean O’Sullivan from the Royals for cash considerations on Thursday.
O’Sullivan, 24, was 5-4 with a 6.75 ERA and a 26/23 K/BB ratio in 53 1/3 innings for Triple-A Omaha this season. He’s gone 10-14 with a 6.13 ERA in 34 starts and nine relief appearances as a major leaguer.
The Royals picked O’Sullivan up two years ago from the Angels in the Alberto Callaspo deal. At the time, there was still some hope he’d be able to make it as a fourth or fifth starter. No one really believes that any longer, though.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (90)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)