Jun 21, 2012, 5:53 PM EDT
With injuries costing them a huge chunk of their pitching depth, the Blue Jays picked up right-hander Sean O’Sullivan from the Royals for cash considerations on Thursday.
O’Sullivan, 24, was 5-4 with a 6.75 ERA and a 26/23 K/BB ratio in 53 1/3 innings for Triple-A Omaha this season. He’s gone 10-14 with a 6.13 ERA in 34 starts and nine relief appearances as a major leaguer.
The Royals picked O’Sullivan up two years ago from the Angels in the Alberto Callaspo deal. At the time, there was still some hope he’d be able to make it as a fourth or fifth starter. No one really believes that any longer, though.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 0
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 28
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 105
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (105)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (80)