Jun 21, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Daniel Bard’s struggles at Triple-A continued yesterday, as he blew a two-run save by allowing two hits and uncorking two wild pitches in the ninth inning.
Bard and the Red Sox continue to insist that they haven’t given up on him returning as a starter, but since a demotion to the minors he’s made one start followed by four straight relief appearances. And overall Bard has a 7.36 ERA in 7.1 innings for Pawtucket, although that comes with a strong 10/2 K/BB ratio to suggest he’s perhaps not pitching all that horribly.
Either way, he’s seemingly not close to rejoining the Red Sox and definitely not close to doing so as a starter.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 71
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)