Jun 21, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Daniel Bard’s struggles at Triple-A continued yesterday, as he blew a two-run save by allowing two hits and uncorking two wild pitches in the ninth inning.
Bard and the Red Sox continue to insist that they haven’t given up on him returning as a starter, but since a demotion to the minors he’s made one start followed by four straight relief appearances. And overall Bard has a 7.36 ERA in 7.1 innings for Pawtucket, although that comes with a strong 10/2 K/BB ratio to suggest he’s perhaps not pitching all that horribly.
Either way, he’s seemingly not close to rejoining the Red Sox and definitely not close to doing so as a starter.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)