Jun 21, 2012, 4:47 PM EDT
Out since June 5 with a strained oblique muscle, Reds center fielder Drew Stubbs is scheduled to begin a minor-league rehab assignment tomorrow at Single-A.
There’s no official timetable for his return, but Mark Sheldon of MLB.com speculates that Stubbs will likely be back after just 2-3 rehab games if all goes well.
He’s eligible to come off the disabled list tomorrow and reported no problems after taking batting practice yesterday. Chris Heisey has been subbing for Stubbs in center field, but has struggled offensively and is better suited for a corner spot defensively.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (87)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (75)