Jun 21, 2012, 4:47 PM EST
Out since June 5 with a strained oblique muscle, Reds center fielder Drew Stubbs is scheduled to begin a minor-league rehab assignment tomorrow at Single-A.
There’s no official timetable for his return, but Mark Sheldon of MLB.com speculates that Stubbs will likely be back after just 2-3 rehab games if all goes well.
He’s eligible to come off the disabled list tomorrow and reported no problems after taking batting practice yesterday. Chris Heisey has been subbing for Stubbs in center field, but has struggled offensively and is better suited for a corner spot defensively.
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 13
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 81
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (84)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)