Jun 21, 2012, 4:47 PM EDT
Out since June 5 with a strained oblique muscle, Reds center fielder Drew Stubbs is scheduled to begin a minor-league rehab assignment tomorrow at Single-A.
There’s no official timetable for his return, but Mark Sheldon of MLB.com speculates that Stubbs will likely be back after just 2-3 rehab games if all goes well.
He’s eligible to come off the disabled list tomorrow and reported no problems after taking batting practice yesterday. Chris Heisey has been subbing for Stubbs in center field, but has struggled offensively and is better suited for a corner spot defensively.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 52
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 12
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 32
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 34
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (184)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)