Jun 21, 2012, 4:47 PM EDT
Out since June 5 with a strained oblique muscle, Reds center fielder Drew Stubbs is scheduled to begin a minor-league rehab assignment tomorrow at Single-A.
There’s no official timetable for his return, but Mark Sheldon of MLB.com speculates that Stubbs will likely be back after just 2-3 rehab games if all goes well.
He’s eligible to come off the disabled list tomorrow and reported no problems after taking batting practice yesterday. Chris Heisey has been subbing for Stubbs in center field, but has struggled offensively and is better suited for a corner spot defensively.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 10
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 72
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 87
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)