Jun 21, 2012, 9:35 AM EDT
After missing three weeks with a back injury Jered Weaver came off the disabled list yesterday and shut out the Giants for six innings.
Being on a limited pitch count in his first start back kept Weaver from a potential complete-game shutout, as he needed just 78 pitches to get 18 outs and allowed just two hits before exiting.
Weaver left his May 28 start against the Yankees in the first inning with what initially appeared to be a serious back injury, but was diagnosed with merely a strain and reported no problems following last night’s outing.
His back problems will loom as a potential issue, but Weaver sliced his AL-leading ERA to 2.40 and also leads the league in WHIP at 0.91.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)