Jun 21, 2012, 8:47 AM EDT
The Cards are finally starting to get good news.
Jon Jay hit a triple, a home run and crossed the plate three times Wednesday evening in his second rehab game with the Triple-A Memphis Redbirds. He went 1-for-3 in his first rehab game, and is now 3-for-7 since being cleared for minor league action.
Jay has been on the shelf since mid-May with a shoulder sprain suffered on the play pictured in this post. If all continues to run smoothly, he could be cleared to return to the Cardinals’ starting lineup at some point during the team’s upcoming weekend series in Kansas City.
The 27-year-old center fielder was batting .343/.395/.438 with two home runs, four stolen bases and 18 runs scored in 117 plate appearances before landing on the disabled list. St. Louis is 14-19 in his absence.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)