Jun 21, 2012, 8:47 AM EDT
The Cards are finally starting to get good news.
Jon Jay hit a triple, a home run and crossed the plate three times Wednesday evening in his second rehab game with the Triple-A Memphis Redbirds. He went 1-for-3 in his first rehab game, and is now 3-for-7 since being cleared for minor league action.
Jay has been on the shelf since mid-May with a shoulder sprain suffered on the play pictured in this post. If all continues to run smoothly, he could be cleared to return to the Cardinals’ starting lineup at some point during the team’s upcoming weekend series in Kansas City.
The 27-year-old center fielder was batting .343/.395/.438 with two home runs, four stolen bases and 18 runs scored in 117 plate appearances before landing on the disabled list. St. Louis is 14-19 in his absence.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 5
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 25
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)