Jun 21, 2012, 8:47 AM EDT
The Cards are finally starting to get good news.
Jon Jay hit a triple, a home run and crossed the plate three times Wednesday evening in his second rehab game with the Triple-A Memphis Redbirds. He went 1-for-3 in his first rehab game, and is now 3-for-7 since being cleared for minor league action.
Jay has been on the shelf since mid-May with a shoulder sprain suffered on the play pictured in this post. If all continues to run smoothly, he could be cleared to return to the Cardinals’ starting lineup at some point during the team’s upcoming weekend series in Kansas City.
The 27-year-old center fielder was batting .343/.395/.438 with two home runs, four stolen bases and 18 runs scored in 117 plate appearances before landing on the disabled list. St. Louis is 14-19 in his absence.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)