Jun 22, 2012, 2:34 PM EDT
Twins rookie Liam Hendriks had another rough start yesterday, allowing six runs in five innings against the Pirates to fall to 0-6 with a 6.84 ERA in 10 career starts.
Hendriks is the Twins’ reigning minor league pitcher of the year, which makes his struggles all the more discouraging, but the right-hander from Australia at least says really Australian things to reporters after his ugly outings:
Coming out to the game, I feel prepared. I’ve thrown well in warmups. And I get out to the game, and something changes. I give up a couple, I start getting into a groove and I start getting that little aggressiveness back. I need to start that from the get-go. It’s just one of those things, I throw well in a couple, and I just hang a pitch, and Bob’s your uncle there.
“Bob’s your uncle there.”
Which means, basically, “and there you have it.” Except like 100 times better, especially if you say it over and over again trying to impersonate the accent like I definitely haven’t been doing for the past five minutes while writing this post.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 0
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 86
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)