Jun 22, 2012, 2:34 PM EDT
Twins rookie Liam Hendriks had another rough start yesterday, allowing six runs in five innings against the Pirates to fall to 0-6 with a 6.84 ERA in 10 career starts.
Hendriks is the Twins’ reigning minor league pitcher of the year, which makes his struggles all the more discouraging, but the right-hander from Australia at least says really Australian things to reporters after his ugly outings:
Coming out to the game, I feel prepared. I’ve thrown well in warmups. And I get out to the game, and something changes. I give up a couple, I start getting into a groove and I start getting that little aggressiveness back. I need to start that from the get-go. It’s just one of those things, I throw well in a couple, and I just hang a pitch, and Bob’s your uncle there.
“Bob’s your uncle there.”
Which means, basically, “and there you have it.” Except like 100 times better, especially if you say it over and over again trying to impersonate the accent like I definitely haven’t been doing for the past five minutes while writing this post.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (73)