Jun 22, 2012, 2:34 PM EDT
Twins rookie Liam Hendriks had another rough start yesterday, allowing six runs in five innings against the Pirates to fall to 0-6 with a 6.84 ERA in 10 career starts.
Hendriks is the Twins’ reigning minor league pitcher of the year, which makes his struggles all the more discouraging, but the right-hander from Australia at least says really Australian things to reporters after his ugly outings:
Coming out to the game, I feel prepared. I’ve thrown well in warmups. And I get out to the game, and something changes. I give up a couple, I start getting into a groove and I start getting that little aggressiveness back. I need to start that from the get-go. It’s just one of those things, I throw well in a couple, and I just hang a pitch, and Bob’s your uncle there.
“Bob’s your uncle there.”
Which means, basically, “and there you have it.” Except like 100 times better, especially if you say it over and over again trying to impersonate the accent like I definitely haven’t been doing for the past five minutes while writing this post.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)