Jun 22, 2012, 2:34 PM EDT
Twins rookie Liam Hendriks had another rough start yesterday, allowing six runs in five innings against the Pirates to fall to 0-6 with a 6.84 ERA in 10 career starts.
Hendriks is the Twins’ reigning minor league pitcher of the year, which makes his struggles all the more discouraging, but the right-hander from Australia at least says really Australian things to reporters after his ugly outings:
Coming out to the game, I feel prepared. I’ve thrown well in warmups. And I get out to the game, and something changes. I give up a couple, I start getting into a groove and I start getting that little aggressiveness back. I need to start that from the get-go. It’s just one of those things, I throw well in a couple, and I just hang a pitch, and Bob’s your uncle there.
“Bob’s your uncle there.”
Which means, basically, “and there you have it.” Except like 100 times better, especially if you say it over and over again trying to impersonate the accent like I definitely haven’t been doing for the past five minutes while writing this post.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 15
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)