Jun 22, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Chris Carpenter took another step in his comeback from neck and shoulder injuries today by facing live hitters for the first time since spring training.
Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that Carpenter threw 34 pitches to an assortment of Cardinals batters, mixing in off-speed stuff with fastballs.
According to Strauss the plan is for Carpenter to face live hitters a couple more times before potentially scheduling a minor-league rehab assignment.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 3
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 2
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 22
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (96)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)