Jun 22, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Chris Carpenter took another step in his comeback from neck and shoulder injuries today by facing live hitters for the first time since spring training.
Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports that Carpenter threw 34 pitches to an assortment of Cardinals batters, mixing in off-speed stuff with fastballs.
According to Strauss the plan is for Carpenter to face live hitters a couple more times before potentially scheduling a minor-league rehab assignment.
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 0
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 10
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)