Jun 22, 2012, 3:55 PM EDT
Joel Peralta appealed his eight-game suspension long enough to be available out of the Rays’ bullpen last night, but after taking the loss against the Nationals he’s decided to drop the appeal and begin serving his suspension tonight.
Perhaps the Rays just didn’t want to give the Nationals the satisfaction of Peralta beginning his suspension for having pine tar on his glove during their series, although letting him remain active and take the loss was probably even more satisfying for Davey Johnson and company.
Either way, Peralta will miss series against the Phillies and Royals, plus two games versus the Tigers, and is eligible to return next Saturday, June 30.
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 4
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 56
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 46
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (247)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)