Jun 22, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
As soon as Mitch Moreland injured his hamstring Tuesday the Rangers were pretty convinced he’d need a disabled list stint. That became official today and the team announced that he’s expected to miss 4-6 weeks.
Obviously the Rangers’ lineup is deep enough to withstand the loss–Moreland has been hitting near the bottom of the batting order for his entire career, after all-but he’d been very productive hitting .272 with 10 homers and an .838 OPS in 55 games.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)