Jun 22, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
As soon as Mitch Moreland injured his hamstring Tuesday the Rangers were pretty convinced he’d need a disabled list stint. That became official today and the team announced that he’s expected to miss 4-6 weeks.
Obviously the Rangers’ lineup is deep enough to withstand the loss–Moreland has been hitting near the bottom of the batting order for his entire career, after all-but he’d been very productive hitting .272 with 10 homers and an .838 OPS in 55 games.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)