Jun 22, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
As soon as Mitch Moreland injured his hamstring Tuesday the Rangers were pretty convinced he’d need a disabled list stint. That became official today and the team announced that he’s expected to miss 4-6 weeks.
Obviously the Rangers’ lineup is deep enough to withstand the loss–Moreland has been hitting near the bottom of the batting order for his entire career, after all-but he’d been very productive hitting .272 with 10 homers and an .838 OPS in 55 games.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (196)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)