Jun 22, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
As soon as Mitch Moreland injured his hamstring Tuesday the Rangers were pretty convinced he’d need a disabled list stint. That became official today and the team announced that he’s expected to miss 4-6 weeks.
Obviously the Rangers’ lineup is deep enough to withstand the loss–Moreland has been hitting near the bottom of the batting order for his entire career, after all-but he’d been very productive hitting .272 with 10 homers and an .838 OPS in 55 games.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)