Jun 22, 2012, 6:44 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Britt Ghiroli points out that the surgery is similar to the one Peyton Manning had, in that the herniated disk will be removed and two vertebrae will be fused together.
Reimold had two epidurals to help ease the pain from the herniated disk, but it was still pushing on a nerve and producing numbness and tingling.
“It’s disappointing,” he saidy. “I wanted to [contribute], not just individually, but collectively too, because the team has been playing well. We are in the division up there towards the top. So, to not be a part of it, just to watch it is kind of tough. But I’m still rooting for the guys and puling for them. Just from that perspective it’s tough. But I’ll be back. And everything should go well, and I’ll do everything I can to be back as soon as I can. And hopefully be stronger.”
Reimold is holding on to the slim hope that he can retun at some point in September, though that’s highly unlikely. He should be ready to go next year. The 28-year-old hit .313/.333/.627 with five homers in 67 at-bats before getting hurt.
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 10
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 3
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 37
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 49
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)