Jun 22, 2012, 6:44 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Britt Ghiroli points out that the surgery is similar to the one Peyton Manning had, in that the herniated disk will be removed and two vertebrae will be fused together.
Reimold had two epidurals to help ease the pain from the herniated disk, but it was still pushing on a nerve and producing numbness and tingling.
“It’s disappointing,” he saidy. “I wanted to [contribute], not just individually, but collectively too, because the team has been playing well. We are in the division up there towards the top. So, to not be a part of it, just to watch it is kind of tough. But I’m still rooting for the guys and puling for them. Just from that perspective it’s tough. But I’ll be back. And everything should go well, and I’ll do everything I can to be back as soon as I can. And hopefully be stronger.”
Reimold is holding on to the slim hope that he can retun at some point in September, though that’s highly unlikely. He should be ready to go next year. The 28-year-old hit .313/.333/.627 with five homers in 67 at-bats before getting hurt.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)