Jun 23, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Stutes will have fraying cleaned out from his shoulder. The good news is that he isn’t believed to have any serious damage to his rotator cuff, but there’s still a chance that he could miss the rest of the season.
Stutes made his major league debut last season and posted a 3.63 ERA and 58/28 K/BB ratio over 62 innings out of the Phillies’ bullpen. The 25-year-old right-hander allowed six runs (four earned) in 5 2/3 innings over his first six appearances this season before landing on the disabled list on April 21.
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 0
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 10
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 140
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (140)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)