Jun 23, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Stutes will have fraying cleaned out from his shoulder. The good news is that he isn’t believed to have any serious damage to his rotator cuff, but there’s still a chance that he could miss the rest of the season.
Stutes made his major league debut last season and posted a 3.63 ERA and 58/28 K/BB ratio over 62 innings out of the Phillies’ bullpen. The 25-year-old right-hander allowed six runs (four earned) in 5 2/3 innings over his first six appearances this season before landing on the disabled list on April 21.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 32
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 123
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (123)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)