Jun 23, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Stutes will have fraying cleaned out from his shoulder. The good news is that he isn’t believed to have any serious damage to his rotator cuff, but there’s still a chance that he could miss the rest of the season.
Stutes made his major league debut last season and posted a 3.63 ERA and 58/28 K/BB ratio over 62 innings out of the Phillies’ bullpen. The 25-year-old right-hander allowed six runs (four earned) in 5 2/3 innings over his first six appearances this season before landing on the disabled list on April 21.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 65
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)