Jun 23, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Stutes will have fraying cleaned out from his shoulder. The good news is that he isn’t believed to have any serious damage to his rotator cuff, but there’s still a chance that he could miss the rest of the season.
Stutes made his major league debut last season and posted a 3.63 ERA and 58/28 K/BB ratio over 62 innings out of the Phillies’ bullpen. The 25-year-old right-hander allowed six runs (four earned) in 5 2/3 innings over his first six appearances this season before landing on the disabled list on April 21.
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 2
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 17
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)