Jun 23, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
The Brewers just announced that Shaun Marcum was placed on the 15-day disabled list with right elbow tightness. Travis Ishikawa was activated from the disabled list to replace him on the active roster.
Marcum was scratched from his scheduled start on Tuesday after he felt something in his elbow during the final pitch of his start back on June 14. There doesn’t appear to be anything structurally wrong, which is good news for a former Tommy John surgery recipient, but the Brewers will play things safe for now. His DL stint will be retroactive to June 15, so he could return as soon as next weekend if there are no setbacks.
Marcum, 30, has a 3.39 ERA and 77/26 K/BB ratio in 82 1/3 innings over his first 13 starts this season. He is due to hit free agency this offseason.
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 10
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 25
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 83
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (111)