Jun 23, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
The Brewers just announced that Shaun Marcum was placed on the 15-day disabled list with right elbow tightness. Travis Ishikawa was activated from the disabled list to replace him on the active roster.
Marcum was scratched from his scheduled start on Tuesday after he felt something in his elbow during the final pitch of his start back on June 14. There doesn’t appear to be anything structurally wrong, which is good news for a former Tommy John surgery recipient, but the Brewers will play things safe for now. His DL stint will be retroactive to June 15, so he could return as soon as next weekend if there are no setbacks.
Marcum, 30, has a 3.39 ERA and 77/26 K/BB ratio in 82 1/3 innings over his first 13 starts this season. He is due to hit free agency this offseason.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)