Shaun Marcum placed on disabled list with elbow tightness

Jun 23, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT

Shaun Marcum Getty Getty Images

The Brewers just announced that Shaun Marcum was placed on the 15-day disabled list with right elbow tightness. Travis Ishikawa was activated from the disabled list to replace him on the active roster.

Marcum was scratched from his scheduled start on Tuesday after he felt something in his elbow during the final pitch of his start back on June 14. There doesn’t appear to be anything structurally wrong, which is good news for a former Tommy John surgery recipient, but the Brewers will play things safe for now. His DL stint will be retroactive to June 15, so he could return as soon as next weekend if there are no setbacks.

Marcum, 30, has a 3.39 ERA and 77/26 K/BB ratio in 82 1/3 innings over his first 13 starts this season. He is due to hit free agency this offseason.

1. brewcrewfan54 - Jun 23, 2012 at 11:50 AM

One guy gets healthy and another goes down. Jus hasn’t been a very fun season in Milwaukee this year. At least we haven’t run out of beer.

2. bossman6 - Jun 23, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I see another T. J surgery in his future

3. cur68 - Jun 23, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Learn the knuckleball, Shaun. You don’t need no steekin’ UCL to throw a knuckler. Just ask RA “Born Without An Ulnar Collateral Ligament” Dickey.

4. redguy12588 - Jun 23, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Poor Brewers, I didn’t realize that they had so many free agents. Grienke and Marcum are both due to leave.

5. mydadyourmom - Jun 23, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Trade him back to the Jays for an autographed Lawrie bat.

6. cosanostra71 - Jun 23, 2012 at 1:20 PM

how about Mike Trout!

• cosanostra71 - Jun 23, 2012 at 1:21 PM

wow, meant to comment on the Friday’s scores article, now I feel like an idiot!

• proudlycanadian - Jun 23, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Relax. I have also had it happen to me. In a day, nobody but you will remember.

• cosanostra71 - Jun 23, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I don’t know, I think I may be branded for life now.

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (2943)