Jun 24, 2012, 1:39 PM EST
It’s well past noon and we haven’t checked in on the Kevin Youkilis rumor mill. Time to rectify that.
CSNNE.com’s Sean McAdam has the goods:
Five teams — the Los Angeles Dodgers, Chicago White Sox, Cleveland Indians, Atlanta Braves and a fifth unidentified team — are evolving.
The Pittsburgh Pirates and Arizona Diamondbacks, a second source revealed, while once involved in talks for the infielder, are no longer part of the mix.
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal tweeted late Saturday night that the Dodgers were only engaging in “minimal contact” with the Boston front office. He also called the Indians a “longshot.” So we might be able to go ahead and rule out those two teams as well.
Youkilis is in the Red Sox starting lineup on Sunday against the Braves, batting sixth and playing third base. Will Middlebrooks — the sudden star who has rendered Youk expendable — is serving as Boston’s DH.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)