Jun 24, 2012, 1:39 PM EDT
It’s well past noon and we haven’t checked in on the Kevin Youkilis rumor mill. Time to rectify that.
CSNNE.com’s Sean McAdam has the goods:
Five teams — the Los Angeles Dodgers, Chicago White Sox, Cleveland Indians, Atlanta Braves and a fifth unidentified team — are evolving.
The Pittsburgh Pirates and Arizona Diamondbacks, a second source revealed, while once involved in talks for the infielder, are no longer part of the mix.
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal tweeted late Saturday night that the Dodgers were only engaging in “minimal contact” with the Boston front office. He also called the Indians a “longshot.” So we might be able to go ahead and rule out those two teams as well.
Youkilis is in the Red Sox starting lineup on Sunday against the Braves, batting sixth and playing third base. Will Middlebrooks — the sudden star who has rendered Youk expendable — is serving as Boston’s DH.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 19
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)