Jun 24, 2012, 4:08 PM EST
It’s been a season of travel thus far for Sutton, a 28-year-old former 15th-round pick. He signed a minor league contract with the Braves in November, was traded to the Pirates on May 20, then acquired by the Rays one day later for a player to be named later. And now he’s back on Pittsburgh’s 40-man roster after being designated for assignment by Tampa Bay last week.
Sutton owns a weak .261/.320/.391 career slash line in the major leagues. But he’s seen action at first base, second base, third base, shortstop and both corner outfield spots over the course of his four-year MLB career.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)