Jun 24, 2012, 4:08 PM EST
It’s been a season of travel thus far for Sutton, a 28-year-old former 15th-round pick. He signed a minor league contract with the Braves in November, was traded to the Pirates on May 20, then acquired by the Rays one day later for a player to be named later. And now he’s back on Pittsburgh’s 40-man roster after being designated for assignment by Tampa Bay last week.
Sutton owns a weak .261/.320/.391 career slash line in the major leagues. But he’s seen action at first base, second base, third base, shortstop and both corner outfield spots over the course of his four-year MLB career.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)