Jun 25, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
I love a good rivalry, but sadly almost any decent rivalry these days transitions from actual bad blood to respect to a downright love-fest so damn quickly. I guess that’s human and grounded and everything, but there is some weird feeling of loss when “death to my enemy” is replaced by “a worthy effin’ adversary.”
Cole Hamels came over and told us he voted for Bryce Harper for the All-Star Game. #notaclownvotebro
— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) June 22, 2012
Players get to vote on the All-Star bench, and due to both performance and star-power, Harper is more than worthy of the vote. Still, I’m hoping part of this is about some secret agenda on the part of Hamels to attack Harper with a folding chair in the NL Clubhouse in Kansas City next month.
Why yes, I did watch a lot of pro wrestling as a kid. Why do you ask?
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 99
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 17
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39