Jun 25, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
As expected the Reds activated Drew Stubbs from the disabled list after the center fielder missed the past three weeks with a strained oblique muscle.
Stubbs went 1-for-10 on a brief minor-league rehab assignment and figures to resume starting in center field, pushing Chris Heisey back into a corner spot after serving as the primary fill-in for Stubbs.
Stubbs hit just .235 with a .673 OPS before the injury, but Heisey’s production has also been lacking and Stubbs at least brings top-notch speed and defense in center field.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (208)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)