Jun 25, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
As expected the Reds activated Drew Stubbs from the disabled list after the center fielder missed the past three weeks with a strained oblique muscle.
Stubbs went 1-for-10 on a brief minor-league rehab assignment and figures to resume starting in center field, pushing Chris Heisey back into a corner spot after serving as the primary fill-in for Stubbs.
Stubbs hit just .235 with a .673 OPS before the injury, but Heisey’s production has also been lacking and Stubbs at least brings top-notch speed and defense in center field.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)