Jun 25, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
As expected the Reds activated Drew Stubbs from the disabled list after the center fielder missed the past three weeks with a strained oblique muscle.
Stubbs went 1-for-10 on a brief minor-league rehab assignment and figures to resume starting in center field, pushing Chris Heisey back into a corner spot after serving as the primary fill-in for Stubbs.
Stubbs hit just .235 with a .673 OPS before the injury, but Heisey’s production has also been lacking and Stubbs at least brings top-notch speed and defense in center field.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)