Jun 25, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
As expected the Reds activated Drew Stubbs from the disabled list after the center fielder missed the past three weeks with a strained oblique muscle.
Stubbs went 1-for-10 on a brief minor-league rehab assignment and figures to resume starting in center field, pushing Chris Heisey back into a corner spot after serving as the primary fill-in for Stubbs.
Stubbs hit just .235 with a .673 OPS before the injury, but Heisey’s production has also been lacking and Stubbs at least brings top-notch speed and defense in center field.
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 21
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 36
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 51
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)