Jun 25, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
As expected the Reds activated Drew Stubbs from the disabled list after the center fielder missed the past three weeks with a strained oblique muscle.
Stubbs went 1-for-10 on a brief minor-league rehab assignment and figures to resume starting in center field, pushing Chris Heisey back into a corner spot after serving as the primary fill-in for Stubbs.
Stubbs hit just .235 with a .673 OPS before the injury, but Heisey’s production has also been lacking and Stubbs at least brings top-notch speed and defense in center field.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)