Jun 25, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Jeanmar Gomez beat out Kevin Slowey for the final spot in the Indians’ rotation this spring, but after posting a 5.18 ERA and terrible 35/26 K/BB ratio in 73 innings he’s headed back to Triple-A.
Gomez never showed a whole lot of promise in the minors and his 4.81 ERA through 34 career starts for the Indians is particularly underwhelming alongside a measly 4.8 strikeouts per nine innings.
He had a 3.19 ERA as recently as May 24, but allowed 32 runs in his last 31 innings to earn the demotion.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 5
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 44
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 107
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (108)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (84)