Jun 25, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Jeanmar Gomez beat out Kevin Slowey for the final spot in the Indians’ rotation this spring, but after posting a 5.18 ERA and terrible 35/26 K/BB ratio in 73 innings he’s headed back to Triple-A.
Gomez never showed a whole lot of promise in the minors and his 4.81 ERA through 34 career starts for the Indians is particularly underwhelming alongside a measly 4.8 strikeouts per nine innings.
He had a 3.19 ERA as recently as May 24, but allowed 32 runs in his last 31 innings to earn the demotion.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 7
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 26
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)