Jun 25, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Jeanmar Gomez beat out Kevin Slowey for the final spot in the Indians’ rotation this spring, but after posting a 5.18 ERA and terrible 35/26 K/BB ratio in 73 innings he’s headed back to Triple-A.
Gomez never showed a whole lot of promise in the minors and his 4.81 ERA through 34 career starts for the Indians is particularly underwhelming alongside a measly 4.8 strikeouts per nine innings.
He had a 3.19 ERA as recently as May 24, but allowed 32 runs in his last 31 innings to earn the demotion.
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 7
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)