Jun 25, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Jeanmar Gomez beat out Kevin Slowey for the final spot in the Indians’ rotation this spring, but after posting a 5.18 ERA and terrible 35/26 K/BB ratio in 73 innings he’s headed back to Triple-A.
Gomez never showed a whole lot of promise in the minors and his 4.81 ERA through 34 career starts for the Indians is particularly underwhelming alongside a measly 4.8 strikeouts per nine innings.
He had a 3.19 ERA as recently as May 24, but allowed 32 runs in his last 31 innings to earn the demotion.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 329
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 66
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 43
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (330)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (159)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)