Jun 25, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Last week Jerome Williams was hospitalized for shortness of breath after passing out in the clubhouse following his start against the Giants, but the Angels right-hander felt good enough to throw a bullpen session over the weekend.
Williams is on the disabled list, so he won’t be rushed back, but Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles reports that he’s experienced no further problems since the incident and is slated to pitch a simulated game later this week.
He’s eligible to return from the DL on July 4, but with rookie Garrett Richards pitching well Williams’ rotation spot may not be guaranteed.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 27
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 4
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)