Jun 25, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
Last week Jerome Williams was hospitalized for shortness of breath after passing out in the clubhouse following his start against the Giants, but the Angels right-hander felt good enough to throw a bullpen session over the weekend.
Williams is on the disabled list, so he won’t be rushed back, but Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles reports that he’s experienced no further problems since the incident and is slated to pitch a simulated game later this week.
He’s eligible to return from the DL on July 4, but with rookie Garrett Richards pitching well Williams’ rotation spot may not be guaranteed.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (100)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)