Jun 25, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Last week Jerome Williams was hospitalized for shortness of breath after passing out in the clubhouse following his start against the Giants, but the Angels right-hander felt good enough to throw a bullpen session over the weekend.
Williams is on the disabled list, so he won’t be rushed back, but Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles reports that he’s experienced no further problems since the incident and is slated to pitch a simulated game later this week.
He’s eligible to return from the DL on July 4, but with rookie Garrett Richards pitching well Williams’ rotation spot may not be guaranteed.
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 56
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 20
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15