Jun 25, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Jonathan Lucroy has been on the disabled list since late May, when his wife dropped a suitcase on his hand–and sadly got a bunch of hate mail from “fans”–but the fracture has healed enough for the Brewers catcher to catch a bullpen session over the weekend.
Rowan Kavner of MLB.com reports that Lucroy had the cast removed on June 20 and is now wearing a brace, but he’s likely still several weeks from being cleared to hit or throw. He was initially given a six-week recovery timetable, which still seems fairly accurate.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 10
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 28
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)