Jun 25, 2012, 1:50 PM EST
Jonathan Lucroy has been on the disabled list since late May, when his wife dropped a suitcase on his hand–and sadly got a bunch of hate mail from “fans”–but the fracture has healed enough for the Brewers catcher to catch a bullpen session over the weekend.
Rowan Kavner of MLB.com reports that Lucroy had the cast removed on June 20 and is now wearing a brace, but he’s likely still several weeks from being cleared to hit or throw. He was initially given a six-week recovery timetable, which still seems fairly accurate.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 42
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)