Jun 25, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Jonathan Lucroy has been on the disabled list since late May, when his wife dropped a suitcase on his hand–and sadly got a bunch of hate mail from “fans”–but the fracture has healed enough for the Brewers catcher to catch a bullpen session over the weekend.
Rowan Kavner of MLB.com reports that Lucroy had the cast removed on June 20 and is now wearing a brace, but he’s likely still several weeks from being cleared to hit or throw. He was initially given a six-week recovery timetable, which still seems fairly accurate.
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 19
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 19
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)