Jun 25, 2012, 1:50 PM EST
Jonathan Lucroy has been on the disabled list since late May, when his wife dropped a suitcase on his hand–and sadly got a bunch of hate mail from “fans”–but the fracture has healed enough for the Brewers catcher to catch a bullpen session over the weekend.
Rowan Kavner of MLB.com reports that Lucroy had the cast removed on June 20 and is now wearing a brace, but he’s likely still several weeks from being cleared to hit or throw. He was initially given a six-week recovery timetable, which still seems fairly accurate.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 70
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (91)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)