Jun 25, 2012, 12:32 PM EST
I’m not gonna say I haven’t been on top of Kip Wells’ 2012 season, but I didn’t even realize that he had caught on with the Padres following a glorious ten-day stretch with the White Sox back in April.
Wells has been at Tucson since May and has pitched in seven games. He has an ERA of nearly 5 in that time and has walked 20 guys while striking out only 16 in 38 innings. So naturally the Padres have called him up for a spot start against the Astros tomorrow.
Wells hasn’t pitched in the bigs since 2009. His last action was for the independent Long Island Ducks in 2010, where he started five games and had a WHIP of 1.519. If he loses to the Astros tomorrow it will make for an even 100 losses on his career. So he’s got that going for him. Which is nice.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)