Jun 25, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
I’m not gonna say I haven’t been on top of Kip Wells’ 2012 season, but I didn’t even realize that he had caught on with the Padres following a glorious ten-day stretch with the White Sox back in April.
Wells has been at Tucson since May and has pitched in seven games. He has an ERA of nearly 5 in that time and has walked 20 guys while striking out only 16 in 38 innings. So naturally the Padres have called him up for a spot start against the Astros tomorrow.
Wells hasn’t pitched in the bigs since 2009. His last action was for the independent Long Island Ducks in 2010, where he started five games and had a WHIP of 1.519. If he loses to the Astros tomorrow it will make for an even 100 losses on his career. So he’s got that going for him. Which is nice.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights