Jun 25, 2012, 10:50 PM EDT
“Leake and Arroyo are very similar,” Baker said. “Plus the extra day with the off-day, too, gave us the liberty to do something.”
Whether the extra rest helped or not, Latos responded with easily his best effort for Cincinnati. He entered with a 5.20 ERA in 14 starts, and his previous high for innings pitched in a game this year was 7 1/3. Inefficiency had been a hallmark of his season, but he needed just 109 pitches to get through nine tonight, even with all of the strikeouts mixed in.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming