Jun 25, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Washington has activated Mark DeRosa from the disabled list after the oft-injured veteran missed the past two months with a strained oblique muscle.
DeRosa went 1-for-11 with four walks during a brief minor-league rehab assignment at Single-A and really struggled before the DL stint, so he’s unlikely to see much action unless Ryan Zimmerman‘s shoulder problems prove serious.
To make room for DeRosa’s return the Nationals placed Xavier Nady on the DL with wrist tendinitis. He was hitting just .157 in 40 games and DeRosa basically fills the same role as a right-handed bench bat.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (83)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (76)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (73)