Jun 25, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Washington has activated Mark DeRosa from the disabled list after the oft-injured veteran missed the past two months with a strained oblique muscle.
DeRosa went 1-for-11 with four walks during a brief minor-league rehab assignment at Single-A and really struggled before the DL stint, so he’s unlikely to see much action unless Ryan Zimmerman‘s shoulder problems prove serious.
To make room for DeRosa’s return the Nationals placed Xavier Nady on the DL with wrist tendinitis. He was hitting just .157 in 40 games and DeRosa basically fills the same role as a right-handed bench bat.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)