Jun 25, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Washington has activated Mark DeRosa from the disabled list after the oft-injured veteran missed the past two months with a strained oblique muscle.
DeRosa went 1-for-11 with four walks during a brief minor-league rehab assignment at Single-A and really struggled before the DL stint, so he’s unlikely to see much action unless Ryan Zimmerman‘s shoulder problems prove serious.
To make room for DeRosa’s return the Nationals placed Xavier Nady on the DL with wrist tendinitis. He was hitting just .157 in 40 games and DeRosa basically fills the same role as a right-handed bench bat.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 16
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 57
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)