Jun 25, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Washington has activated Mark DeRosa from the disabled list after the oft-injured veteran missed the past two months with a strained oblique muscle.
DeRosa went 1-for-11 with four walks during a brief minor-league rehab assignment at Single-A and really struggled before the DL stint, so he’s unlikely to see much action unless Ryan Zimmerman‘s shoulder problems prove serious.
To make room for DeRosa’s return the Nationals placed Xavier Nady on the DL with wrist tendinitis. He was hitting just .157 in 40 games and DeRosa basically fills the same role as a right-handed bench bat.
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 0
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 48
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)