Jun 25, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Washington has activated Mark DeRosa from the disabled list after the oft-injured veteran missed the past two months with a strained oblique muscle.
DeRosa went 1-for-11 with four walks during a brief minor-league rehab assignment at Single-A and really struggled before the DL stint, so he’s unlikely to see much action unless Ryan Zimmerman‘s shoulder problems prove serious.
To make room for DeRosa’s return the Nationals placed Xavier Nady on the DL with wrist tendinitis. He was hitting just .157 in 40 games and DeRosa basically fills the same role as a right-handed bench bat.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)