Jun 25, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Triple-A catcher Erik Kratz replaces him on the roster and will serve as Carlos Ruiz‘s new caddy.
Schneider has played sparingly for the Phillies behind the durable Ruiz, starting 20 of the first 74 games and hitting .232 with a .656 OPS.
Kratz is a 32-year-old journeyman with 46 career plate appearances in the majors and has shown some decent power in the minors.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 7
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 33
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)