Jun 25, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Triple-A catcher Erik Kratz replaces him on the roster and will serve as Carlos Ruiz‘s new caddy.
Schneider has played sparingly for the Phillies behind the durable Ruiz, starting 20 of the first 74 games and hitting .232 with a .656 OPS.
Kratz is a 32-year-old journeyman with 46 career plate appearances in the majors and has shown some decent power in the minors.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)