Jun 26, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Chicago made it official, calling up first base prospect Anthony Rizzo from Triple-A before tonight’s game.
And while the Cubs took their sweet time promoting him from Triple-A they wasted no time throwing him into the middle of the lineup. Rizzo is playing first base and batting third in his Cubs debut, pushing Bryan LaHair to right field and the No. 5 spot with Alfonso Soriano as the cleanup man and Tony Campana on the bench.
Between last season and this season Rizzo played 163 games at Triple-A, hitting .336 with 49 homers, 52 doubles, 163 RBIs, and a 1.075 OPS.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (73)