Jun 26, 2012, 9:01 PM EDT
We have an official no-hitter alert in Cincinnati.
Reds right-hander Bronson Arroyo, who entered the night with a pedestrian 4.19 ERA, has tossed seven innings against the Brewers without allowing a hit. He’s fanned three and issued zero walks, and the only thing keeping him from being on perfect game watch was a hit-by-pitch of Ryan Braun in the first.
Arroyo is at 82 pitches (56 strikes) entering the eighth inning. We’ll provide updates from here on out.
UPDATE, 9:06 PM: Arroyo struck out Travis Ishikawa to open the eighth, then walked George Kottaras. Taylor Green followed with a double into the right field corner, ending Arroyo’s shot at history. Corey Hart doubled in two runs in the very next at-bat, spoiling Arroyo’s chance at a shutout. All is back to normal.
UPDATE, 9:18 PM: Arroyo is out. He wound up allowing three runs on three hits over 7 2/3 innings.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel