Jun 26, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
Bad news from St. Louis: Chris Carpenter, who was supposed to face live hitters yesterday, did not, and he is unable to maintain strength in his rehabbing shoulder. Derrick Goold reports that Carpenter will undergo some more medical exams.
If Carpenter can’t go, the Cards are likely going to have to consider themselves buyers in the starting pitching market at the deadline.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)