Jun 26, 2012, 6:51 PM EDT
And now your hourly Blue Jays injury update:
The team announced this afternoon that tests revealed only mild inflammation in the elbow of Henderson Alvarez, and that he is scheduled to make his next start this weekend.
It was also revealed that the Jays’ deal with Jamie Moyer calls for him to make two starts at Triple-A Las Vegas before his status is reevaluated. He’ll likely be promoted to the majors or released afterwards.
It’s disturbing that the Jays haven’t chosen to be more careful with Alvarez. He’s just 22, and in the wake of all of their arm injuries, the last thing they need is to see him join Kyle Drabek and maybe Drew Hutchinson in being lost for the season.
As for Moyer in Triple-A, well, what could their possibly be to see? Everyone already knows exactly what he brings to the table, and he just made three Triple-A starts for the Orioles in which he amassed a 1.69 ERA and a 16/0 K/BB ratio in 16 innings. Whether he gave up two runs or 20 runs in his Triple-A starts isn’t going to change a thing about him.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 22
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 24
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 32
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (118)