Jun 26, 2012, 6:51 PM EDT
And now your hourly Blue Jays injury update:
The team announced this afternoon that tests revealed only mild inflammation in the elbow of Henderson Alvarez, and that he is scheduled to make his next start this weekend.
It was also revealed that the Jays’ deal with Jamie Moyer calls for him to make two starts at Triple-A Las Vegas before his status is reevaluated. He’ll likely be promoted to the majors or released afterwards.
It’s disturbing that the Jays haven’t chosen to be more careful with Alvarez. He’s just 22, and in the wake of all of their arm injuries, the last thing they need is to see him join Kyle Drabek and maybe Drew Hutchinson in being lost for the season.
As for Moyer in Triple-A, well, what could their possibly be to see? Everyone already knows exactly what he brings to the table, and he just made three Triple-A starts for the Orioles in which he amassed a 1.69 ERA and a 16/0 K/BB ratio in 16 innings. Whether he gave up two runs or 20 runs in his Triple-A starts isn’t going to change a thing about him.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 7
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 10
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 65
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)