Jun 26, 2012, 11:51 AM EST
There’s no firm timetable yet for Matt Kemp‘s return from a hamstring strain that he aggravated just two games after coming off the disabled list, but manager Don Mattingly admitted yesterday that the center fielder is unlikely to play before the All-Star break.
That also means Kemp won’t play in the All-Star game, although being on the DL wouldn’t preclude him from being selected to the National League team.
Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that Kemp will likely be asked to spend a week or so rehabbing in the minors before being activated and even that assignment isn’t guaranteed to start before the break on July 10.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)