Jun 26, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
There’s no firm timetable yet for Matt Kemp‘s return from a hamstring strain that he aggravated just two games after coming off the disabled list, but manager Don Mattingly admitted yesterday that the center fielder is unlikely to play before the All-Star break.
That also means Kemp won’t play in the All-Star game, although being on the DL wouldn’t preclude him from being selected to the National League team.
Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that Kemp will likely be asked to spend a week or so rehabbing in the minors before being activated and even that assignment isn’t guaranteed to start before the break on July 10.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 46
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 78
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 51
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (95)