Jun 26, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
There’s no firm timetable yet for Matt Kemp‘s return from a hamstring strain that he aggravated just two games after coming off the disabled list, but manager Don Mattingly admitted yesterday that the center fielder is unlikely to play before the All-Star break.
That also means Kemp won’t play in the All-Star game, although being on the DL wouldn’t preclude him from being selected to the National League team.
Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that Kemp will likely be asked to spend a week or so rehabbing in the minors before being activated and even that assignment isn’t guaranteed to start before the break on July 10.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)